Mobile Medical Alert
Numera Medical Alert Systems
With a current population of over 4.7 million people in British Columbia and a growing demographic of 65+, knowing that our loved ones are safe and healthy is essential to our everyday lives. At Prism Systems, we have partnered with Numera to offer a Mobile Medial Alert Solution that helps provide security for our loved ones and allow them freedom to live their lives. The Numera Libris uses the local cellular network with built in GPS and fall protection to enable dispatchers and family to help loved ones in the event of an emergency. With cellular communication provided by Rogers or AT&T it gives them the freedom to go anywhere they wish and get help quickly in the case of an emergency. The GPS helps provide their location in the event of an emergency for Numera dispatchers. Also, in the event of a power outage, or cellular range loss, regular time stamps provide location patterns identifying where your loved one was last. In addition, the Numera system provides an instant alert dispatching emergency responders in the event of a fall or incapacitation.
Did You know?
- One-third of people aged 65 and over will fall at least once each year.
- At least 1 in 3 women and 1 in 5 men will suffer from an osteoporotic fracture during their lifetime.
- Canadians spend over $3 billion a year on medical care for fall-related injuries among seniors.
- Women are 3 times more likely than men to be hospitalized for a fall-related injury, and men are more likely to die from a fall-related injury.
- 95 percent of hip fractures are due to a fall.
- Most falls occur in seniors’ own homes, while doing their usual daily activities. However, up to 40 percent happen outdoors and in public places.
- Falls usually happen because of a number of factors; such as a loss of balance, side effects of medicine, impaired vision or mobility, and environmental hazards.
- Many seniors are afraid of falling and restrict their activities to a point where they can no longer enjoy what makes them happy.
- The risk of falling increases naturally because of aging; muscle weakness, joint stiffness and poor balance but they should be able to live the life they wish to. With the security of Numera to support them in the event of an emergency they can continue to live and enjoy what makes them happy in their own home.
Above facts provided by Health Link BC
Speak To A Specialist Today!